Monday, November 8, 2010

LIFE

I want to start out by talking about LIFE. I want to state very clearly that I believe life begins at conception. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 129:13-16
God created man in his image. He loves us and has a plan for our lives. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jerimiah 29:11 It is very clear in this verse that God is opposed to practices like abortion, stem cell research done on living embryos and all other testing and experimentation done on living embryos in our country today. It is my prayer that over the course of this blog, God will reveal his heart for embryos, that together we will change the fate of hundreds of thousands of embryos currently frozen in time.
You may have heard terms like "snowflake babies" and "embryo adoption," or it is possible that you are hearing about this issue for the first time. Either way, I encourage you to do a Google search and read several articles on the subjects. Most certainly, you will come across very opposing views of the sanctity of life and what practices are considered to be ethical. If you search further into sites related to human embryos, you will come across shocking and heartbreaking facts about scientific research done with the use of living embryos, commonly referred to as "viable embryos." The point of learning about what is happening in our society is to raise awareness, because awareness leads to action. Be the voice of the innocent by sharing this information with others, pray for our country's policies to change, consider adopting embryos.
This is a journey. It starts with being a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment