Wednesday, February 16, 2011

pep talk

Can't say that I'm almost caught up on my to-do list. I don't think I ever will be! I am of the persuasion that by the time I start to feel like I have things under control, I will simply acquire new ambitions to keep me on my toes! So.....when I think I might be taking on more than I can handle, I must simply stretch my abilities to accommodate! Ha! I can do all things through Him who gives me strength!
So that was just my own little pep talk.
We are getting ready to go to Abbotsford for our second and last education seminar for our home study. I won't pretend that it is effortless to make the arrangements necessary to take a trip like this. The kids will spend the time in Kamloops with family with the exception of Eden. She has a zone tournament for basketball and needs to have a sleepover with someone from her team Tuesday night. I ought to call a few of our city friends and find a spot to sleep while in Abbotsford. I will still need to find someone to stop by the house to check up on my farmy animals, though they will have adequate food and water for the duration. So glad my cow doesn't need to be milked yet! That would ad an unusual complication! Sigh.
Once we have finished this step, we can complete the rest of the home study from home, aside from a few trips to Prince George.
I think that I am a home body, for the most part. I could embrace a lifestyle of puttering around the yard/farm, playing with my children, cultivating our family, making cheese and cookies. At least that is, I like to stay home when we are not out chasing a family adventure or spending time with friends, or pursuing the kingdom of God in the ends of the earth! I guess that makes me a delinquent home body. I am one big contradiction, ha!
Never the less, I have peace. Life is not boring and I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment