Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pain Chronicles

For the record, I was blissfully pregnant for 2 weeks. We loved and talked to our babies every day. We prayed for them and blessed them, our kids frequently kissed and talked to my tummy.
Tomorrow morning I will call the clinic for my blood test results, maybe for the last time. Mondays blood test indicated that the embryos have stopped growing. Today's blood test is most likely going to confirm that outcome.
Half of me wants to believe that a radical miracle will take place in my body, the other half of me wants to assume the fetal position and try to recover from the crushing pain.
I know that the hardest part is ahead of me and I lack the strength to walk it out. I trust that God will not leave me; His grace is sufficient for even this.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! Ryan and I tried for 7 years to become pregnant and when we did get pregnant twice we lost them at 5 weeks along. To me it was a beautiful sign that we are able to get pregnant. We weren't sure. October 2010 we got the surprising news we were expecting. On July 7th, we delivered a beautiful and wonderful little girl. God has blessed us with our peanut and my heart goes out to you and yours and we send our love. Those angels we lost are waiting for us there in heaven-we are so lucky. May you be comforted. XOXO Heidi, Ryan and Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend... I am praying with you for that miracle. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. katie,you've been in my heart and i'm holding you up to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete