Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Big needles!

Did I mention that I have to take needles?! When I successfully retrieved my parcel from DHL, I opened the box to see the expensive medication that I had nearly lost in customs. I was a little chagrined to find 60x1.5" needles!
My first round of hormones is Delestrogen, administered as an intramuscular shot twice a week. In a week I add progesterone, also an intramuscular shot, daily for 10 weeks.
I can't say that I am entirely brave about the situation. I was feeling very nervous about the shots. I can't really give them to myself, as they need to go into my largest muscle, which you may know is my backside! Steve is very courageous and has agreed to give me the shots. My mommy was here on Monday, so she gave me the first one. Trained as a psychiatric nurse, it has been many years since she has given anyone a needle. She definitely has a soft touch and I didn't feel it much. Thursday I will find out if Steve is as talented!
My next two Ultrasounds are in Kelowna on the 3rd and 10th of October, so I have a bit more travelling to do. Thanking God for working everything out so far. Praying for more safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment