Friday, September 2, 2011

Hijacked Hormones

The countdown has begun! October is just around the corner and it is time to prepare my body to accept the two precious Embryos that we have waited so long for. My heart has been "pregnant" for two years already! Now, as my hormones have been hijacked, my body is beginning to feel pregnant too!
The idea is to copy my natural hormone cycle with prescribed hormones to make my body feel pregnant so it embraces the Embryos when they are transferred to my womb mid October. I have started taking birth control which is a low dose estrogen, simulating pregnancy. Because my uterus isn't actually on board with this plan, in a couple weeks I will start taking supplemental estrogen in increasing amounts to stimulate the lining of my uterus to increase. Closer to the day of transfer, we will add progesterone to the mix and decrease estrogen. It's all hormones from now until next July!
It is rather surreal to be actually taking physical steps towards the finality of this family adventure! The legal papers have been notarized and are coming our way. Once we have them, we will forward them to the clinic and start setting appointment dates and planning flights!
Symptoms: So far, I am feeling the typical birth control symptoms; water retention, mid afternoon nausea and breast tenderness.

2 comments: