Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A new experience

Hormones are a mighty thing! I have noticed that they are affecting my appetite; I don't always feel hungry when I should and sometimes I'm ravenous not long after I have eaten. My dreams seem to be much more vivid too. Everyone knows that hormones can make a person really emotional, weepy or angry, but lately I have noticed that several situations that normally would have stressed me out have actually not bothered me at all; I feel unusually calm.
Morning sickness is a well known symptom of pregnancy that is related to hormone changes. With my other pregnancies, I often experienced morning sickness strictly as nausea, but never actually threw up. There was one time while I was pregnant with Eden that I kinda forced a puke, but it didn't help so I always avoided it after that.
This morning I was driving to Prince George for an appointment with the kids. As soon as I got into the vehicle, I became nauseated. It soon was obvious that I was going to be sick! I pulled over beside the road and chucked my breakfast into the ditch! It was rather embarrassing that cars slowed down as they drove by!
Hopefully this is an isolated experience that doesn't become a fad in the upcoming months as I find vomiting to be repulsive and actually think it quite sinful! Just kidding about the sinful part, but I do not appreciate surrendering my food to the ditch!

1 comment: