Monday, September 12, 2011

Nesting

Nesting is the state of mind that a woman enters in the days or weeks before she gives birth to a new baby. It is our God given instinct to make a safe and happy environment in which we can nurture our growing baby. I don't know if it's instinct or just my awareness that I generally feel like a crippled old lady when I'm pregnant, due to sciatica, but I am experiencing pre-pregnancy nesting. I feel the urge to create a comfortable and relaxing environment in which I can nurture my children and my pregnant body while babies grow inside my belly. I have been engaging in deep cleansing exercises, reaching to the backs of closets and the depths of spare rooms! I have been regularly loading seldom used items into my vehicle to unload at the re-use shed and garbage dump! Ah, how satisfying to finally have organized space in my entrance and the blissful awareness of a dust-bunny-free bedroom.
In spite of all my efforts, I am very aware that it will be necessary for a renewed sense of nesting before I give birth. In the present, I will imagine that my hard work will last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment