Friday, October 28, 2011

Breaking News

I know all you want to hear about is the results of the test, but first I'm going to tell you about my week! It was an emotional roller coaster as I assessed signs and symptoms wondering what they meant! I felt really tired all the time and my swollen and sore mammary glands were indicators that the tests would be positive. I was also experiencing frequent abdominal cramping which was making me fairly nervous, and several times I thought for sure I would start spotting at any minute. The emotional roller coaster was the hardest. I thought the situation out from every angle, trying to be positive, but not wanting to be too confident in case the letdown was severe.
As a non patient person, I couldn't wait for a blood test, I had to pee on a stick! Monday, single pink line: negative. Tuesday, faintest little barely there, hint of a second line: does it count? Wednesday, same phantom line.....
Wednesday I went to see my Doctor to get a requisition for the BhCG tests. He made it out for twice a week for as long as I want so I can observe the increase of the hCG hormones as the pregnancy progresses. The appointment wasn't over until noon so I missed the lab by 12 minutes. I went in first thing Thursday morning for the blood test; knowing I wouldn't get the result till later that day or the next. I don't like waiting! Another pee test, two pink lines! Yes, there were definitely two!
This morning I got the results of the blood test; beta hCG count 7.5; anything over 5 is positive!
So there you have it, whoohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment