Monday, October 10, 2011

Trouble with blood tests

Any couple receiving donated Embryos for transfer must have blood tests to screen for any disease that can be transmitted inutero. I, of course, have had these blood tests. The problem is, only half of the results have made it to our clinic! The FDA requires the clinic to have these results before they can legally do the Embryo transfer. Needless to say, I will be on the phone to our Doctors office at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning to inquire after the whereabouts of these results! Praying that they have them and it is only a matter of forwarding the information to California.
Speaking of blood tests, I received an email from our clinic in California informing me that the couple donating the embryos were in this morning having blood tests that are required for them to donate their Embryos! Apparently, these tests were never done when they did invitro because they did not intend to donate the remaining embryos at that time. I fact, as the adoptive parents of these embryos, we are responsible for all costs incurred from here on in and so there is a bill of $500 for the genetic parents' blood tests this morning.
I guess I just need to smile since this is what is is like to be a parent. Aw, my Embryos are having unexpected expenses already! Just like the rest of my kids, and they will be costing me money for the rest of their lives! Lol, like all the other hitches, I'm sure God can work these things out.
I am happy to report that my acne is clearing up. Tonight I have an estrogen shot and tomorrow morning I have my first daily progesterone shot; daily needles for the next couple months!
So, if you want to join me in praying this week, I am praying for test results to appear, finances to work out and for all the travel preparations.

1 comment:

  1. Encouragement from Sarah: Remember the miracles that God has already done. Remember the things that seemed impossible that God made so easy. Put these stones in your alter and continue to trust.

    I love you

    ReplyDelete