Saturday, October 8, 2011

tears at the ready

Back home again after 5 days in Kamloops! I had Ultrasound and hormone measuring blood test appointments in Kelowna on Monday and Friday; they both went well. My Endometrium is developing very well and we are on track for the Embryo transfer on the 17th.
On Thursday I had the experience of giving myself an injection. I choose to do it in the thigh so I could see what I was doing. I had two spectators (sister-in-laws) who were as nervous I as was! It helped that they were watching because I had to be extra brave and just get it done! I was shaking like a leaf, but I managed and it was a success. It was actually one of the less painful ones so far. My next injection is Monday and I sart daily progesterone injections the next day, so I'm going to have to get used to those needles! Have I mentioned that they are 1.5" long and I have to put them all the way in?!
Steve had said that I could buy a nice pair of boots to help me be brave for the injections. When I was in Kamloops I went on several boot shopping excursions. If you knew how strongly my decision was based in my emotions, you could probably have a good laugh at my expense! At one point of the boot journey, I returned to Winners in Kelowna to purchase a great pair I had found there earlier. They were gone and I had a good cry in the truck on my way back to Kamloops! Haha! I ended up with a great pair from Aldo in the mall in Kamloops; you can check them out next time you see me. I assure you, they will deffinitly help me to be brave for the weeks of daily needles that I have ahead of me!
Tuesday afternoon I booked our flights for the trip. We fly out of Prince George at 11:30 a.m. on the 16th and return at 9:56 a.m. on the 21st. We will be staying with good friends of good friends while we are there; a blessing to be sure! We got a great deal on a rental car through our airline so we will have convenient transportation while in California. Kevin is comming here to stay with the kids and I am busily trying to have bread and cookies in the freezer to prepare for that week.
As always, I have great need of prayer; this time for blood test results that never made it to our clinic. It is a legal requirement of the FDA that any woman having an embryo transfer (even when it is their own embryo created through in vitro) must have blood tests to screen for STDs since they can be transmitted inutero. I had these blood tests done over a month ago. the problem is, only half of the results made it to the clinic. Tuesday morning I will be contacting the clinic to inquire about the whereabouts of the rest of the results. The tranfer will not happen without the results. I am trusting God for a timely solution!
I am getting very excited about the upcomming adventure! With an abundance of hormones, tears are always at the ready! If you see me crying, just pretend that its normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment