Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunny California

I wake up this morning and my first thought is, "I'm getting pregnant today!" Then I think, "Oh, yeah, Steve has to give me a needle first."
We are staying in Altadena, about an hour from our clinic. The nurse called me yesterday to give me instructions prior to our appointment at 4:00pm today. We are to arrive at 3:15 so I can take a Valium and they can give us an orientation on the procedure. I am told that the Valium is to make sure that I am completely relaxed for the transfer. I am supposed to wear comfortable clothes and have my bladder comfortably full. When everything is ready, the embryos will be thawed just prior to the transfer.
I will be pregnant when I leave the clinic! I am to be on bed rest for the next two days, so that should be interesting. I feel more anxious about laying around than for the transfer itself! I guess I need to learn to relax; Usually there is always something that I need to get done!
This morning we are going to relax and see the area. It is supposed to be 85 degrees today; I can live with that! It is beautiful here. Palm trees line some of the streets. It feels like another world. I'd like to spend some time sitting in front of a cafe watching people walk by. I don't know if that qualifies as an activity that I can do on bed rest; I'll have to find out what the rules are.
Next time I blog I'll be pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment